The Italian Geological Society, founded in Bologna in 1881, is the most important and oldest italian scientific society in the domain of Earth Sciences.
Italian Geological Society
c/o Dipartimento di Scienze della Terra
Università di Roma "La Sapienza"
Piazzale Aldo Moro, 5 (Box 11)
Phone: 06-4959390 - Fax 06-49914154
The Company counts more than 1500 members in Italy and abroad and it regularly publishes the following series:
- Italian Journal of Geosciences (in the past: Bulletin of the Italian Geological Society);
- Memories of the Italian Geological Society;
- On-line proceeding of the Italian Geological Society;
- Proceeding of the Italian Geological Society, New Series;
- Several volumes (Regional Geological guides, special volumes, etc);
For further information about volumes shipments, please contact the address above.
How to register and become member of the Italian Geological Society
To register at the Company, please contact the Company Secretary, Mr Alessandro Zuccari, by email or telephone at the addresses listed above.
The amounts of membership fees and the payment methods are also available at the Web address above (www.socgeol.it).